Friday 15 August 2014

Officially Finished Week 2

I have survived two weeks of vet school!

Last Friday my class had our white coat ceremony.  Basically it is the official welcome to the school, where the head of the vet school (aka the Head Dick) calls your name and you are handed a white embroidered lab coat.  We then were served food and took lots of pictures.

The R(D)SVS GEP Class of 2018


The weekend was spent studying, doing some more shopping for things I need and a night out with classmates.  Sunday evening my parents returned to Edinburgh from their vacation around the Hebrides (west coast of Scotland).  I was able to spend Sunday evening, Monday evening and all day Tuesday with them (Tuesday all our classes were recorded so you can listen to them whenever you choose).  They flew home Wednesday morning so I am officially in Scotland on my own.

This past week has been a bit of a blur.  It was a super heavy week in terms of anatomy material so I spent most of the week trying to keep up.  Wednesday we had our first dissection.  We dissected sheep heads to examine the muscles and nerves of the face and how the the structures of the pharynx and larynx make it possible to breathe and eat.  That was definitely my favourite part of the week.
My skeleton dog (who I still need a name for!)

I think tonight will be about a little revision and then taking a nice evening off.


No comments:

Post a Comment