Sunday 3 August 2014

All Moved In

Wednesday we arrived bright and early at the Glasgow airport (2am Eastern time!).  We got through immigration easily and got our rental car.  The rental car we ordered wasn't available so they gave us a Mercedes instead... Not a bad replacement.  Luckily it was big enough to fit all our luggage.


Wednesday was spent shopping.  I got a printer as well as a sim card for my phone.  Unfortunately you aren't allowed to get a phone plan until you have a bank account.  And I can't get a bank account until I get a letter from the University.  So for the time being I am on a pay as you go plan.  

Thursday we started the day off by heading to Portobello Beach in Edinburgh. We then did some more shopping for things like hangers, tupperware laundry basket etc.  Once we finished shopping we continued out to the country side to a beach in North Berwick.  We visited this beach last year and decided we wanted to return (it's the background picture of my blog).

Portobello Beach

Beach in North Berwick

Friday morning we changed hotels (after a lost reservation and scrambling to find another one).  We spent Friday wandering around downtown and seeing the street performers for the Fringe Festival.  My dad and I also did the Real Mary King's Close tour which was really interesting.




Saturday I was able to move into my residence room.  I am living in a flat with 3 other girls with shared amenities.  (Pictures to follow once I get it tidied up a bit!).

Today I finished moving in and my parents left for their vacation.  I can't believe I actually start school tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment