Monday 16 January 2017

Home for Christmas!

Flashback to December:

After my exams I had a day off then I flew home for Christmas Break.

I flew home via Dublin on Aer Lingus.  The Irish never cease to amaze me with their ability to consume alcohol.  I arrived in Dublin at 9:30 in the morning and the bar was packed with people having pints.  At Burger King you could upgrade your meal from a soft drink to a pint of beer!  My four hours in the airport were spent mostly perusing the incredible number of Guinness trinkets you could buy.  Aer Lingus itself was quite an experience.  They definitely didn't want you to forget they were an Irish airline.  Everything was green.  The outside of the plane, the inside of the plane, the uniforms, the headphones they gave us, even our food was served on a green tray.  We arrived in Toronto nicely, unfortunately my bag took about an hour to arrive.

Once my bag finally did arrive and I got home I spent most of the rest of the evening on the sofa with Mars curled up next to me.

Much of the first week I spent on the sofa because I caught a cold.  But it was much more pleasant to be stuck on the sofa with two dogs for company.  As some sofa breaks, I tried to stage some photos with the dogs.  As per usual, there were some great photos and some terrible but also funny photos.

Mars was not a fan of getting on the sleigh but accepted it once he was on

Jenny actually loved the sleigh.  She sat there for quite a while of her own free will
after we had stopped telling her to stay

Photogenic as usual

I think this is the only picture I have ever taken where it isn't Mars making a weird face!

Christmas dog

She hated the lights...


Christmas was pretty low key this year which I was definitely ok with.  It was nice to have a relaxing day with family.

Tired puppies after Christmas

After Christmas I spent a day working at the clinic which was fun, although it was very very busy!  The day didn't get off to an auspicious start.  Holding the first animal of the day I somehow managed to snap my name tag into two pieces.  Luckily the day improved from there.

The rest of my Christmas break was spent relaxing and doing some shopping for things to take back that are way more expensive to buy in Edinburgh (example Maple Syrup is extraordinarily expensive in Scotland so I stocked up at Costco).

On January 1st it was time for me to fly back.  This time I was flying through London.  Our flight leaving Toronto was late because we had to taxi from one end of the airport to the other to get de-iced and then taxi back to take off.  Then when we arrived in London we were put in a holding pattern before we could land.  So that meant my two hour plus layover was less than an hour.  Luckily I made it through customs, security and to my gate for my flight to Edinburgh as my plane was boarding.

I had one day to recover then it was time for classes again.  And I think I will leave that for the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment