Wednesday 25 November 2015

A bit of fun before crunch time

Saturday I went to Glasgow with some friends to see the comedian Michael McIntyre.  I hadn't heard of him until I was invited to go along to his show.  He is probably now my favourite comedian.  I don't think I have ever laughed so hard.  By the end of the show we all felt like we had done an ab workout from all the laughing.  He is able to turn everyday events into absolutely hilarious stories.


His live show in Glasgow - Happy and Glorious

Here is one of my favourite skits of his.  He describes how he thinks the kilt came about.

Michael McIntyre - The Birth of the Kilt


Last night a few friends and I went to see the last Hunger Games movie.  While not my favourite movie in the series I still really enjoyed it.  Plus it was nice to have a night out and relax since exam stress is starting to loom.

Lastly, I promised photos of my room many posts ago so here they are (finally!)

Desk with a view



Tonight I am headed back to campus at 9:30pm.  I am helping out with a telethon.  From 10pm-3am I will be calling North American applicants who have been given an interview to see if they have any questions.  I really appreciated it when I was called after being accepted to Edinburgh so I thought I would call and hopefully make someone else happy.  (Plus the offering of free food at midnight and a grocery store gift card didn't hurt!)  It should make surviving lectures from 10am-5pm tomorrow quite interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment